Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Selecting Customers to Serve

“The company must first decide who it will serve. It does this by dividing the market into segments of customers (market segmentation) and selecting which segments it will go after (target marketing). Some people think of marketing management as finding as many customers as possible and increasing demand. But marketing managers know that they cannot serve all customers in every way. By trying to serve all customers, they may not serve any customers well. Instead, the company wants to select only customers that it can serve well and profitably. (Armstrong & Kotler – Marketing 9e Ch.1 pg.9)”

I’ve decided to go after the young adults from ages 21-30. I aggressively going to go after the club going person who loves to party and have a good time. Las Vegas is a great place to start a Vodka company especially the target audience I am going after. I also want to target the lay back, social gathering people who attend art gallery shows and have weekly book meetings. I think my vodka can’t effectively hit both targets at the same time with compromising the image of the vodka.

No comments: